I have joined up with Hanna’s DIY Postcard swap. A fantastic opportunity to send out happy mail and receive it as well. So far I have always had extras which I have sent out to say thank you for cards received and to other friends.
I was not entirely sure I was going to sign up this time. I think some got waylaid on their way to NZ last time because I only received four from the swap, but I found this paper I had painted a while ago (for some long forgotten project so I really hope I don’t remember what I had it for and want to finish the project!!) over the weekend and while wondering what to do with it thought it might look cool chopped up which made me think of the postcard challenge. While I do love to receive happy mail, it really is joyful for me creating it and sending it out all over the world (as well as nervewracking) so with that as my primary motivation I signed up again. :)
I am so glad I did. I am quite excited by the potential of these.
This is the sheet when I first pulled it out and decided what to do with it. You can see how big it is from my feet at the bottom of the photo.
I added a bit more paint…
…and then a bit of book text, more paint and some graphite…
I cut up some cereal boxes to glue on to the back…(the description belies the wrist strain from brayering all those cards onto the background paper to make sure they are stuck down tight…but I will spare you that whining)
…and am now cutting them out (and may be doing that over the next week or so, it will probably be the job I turn to when I am procrastinating :)).
I am not sure what is going to go on the front. I am thinking I may look for shapes and characters and some funky monsters and see what I see but I am not sure at the moment.