I know I blogged about the first card made by myself and my daughter Victoria here, but for completeness I will add those cards here as well into this summary.
So far I am happy to say that Victoria and I are both up to date. I will also say that the last two day’s of the challenge have being a struggle for me. Using paint is such a default setting for me when something isn’t working, so this challenge has being good to extend me and push me out of my comfort zone.
I was oh so tempted to start another index card when the visions of the cityscapes I saw in my head did not translate to what I did, but I persisted, and at the end of the day it is an index card and I don’t need to love all of them. Also if I keep persisting (though not every day!), I will get better at translating the vision I saw AND I will have a series!! :D
So here are mine and my daughter’s index cards for week one:
I kept all the holes that I punched when I bound last year’s index cards that you can see here and I used those for the first card. Victoria was in love with dimensional paint!
I cut up some gelatin prints and used those as scales. This card has also been coated with some polymer gloss as well which just makes it more delicious and gorgeous, but unfortunately it does not photograph well so this photo is before the polymer gloss. Victoria was fearless in her embellishing. :)
A collage of grass made of magazine pictures of grass…the geeky pleasure this gives me is incomparable! Victoria was still excited by her craft box.
I made an origami boat out of newspaper and Victoria decided on using some of her stickers.
I saw houses, and Victoria saw bears in trees.
I saw a cityscape in my head though the finished card was different to what was in my head, and Victoria was seeing Halloween.
I was still exploring cityscapes with another idea that came to me during the one the day before. Victoria was seeing clowns.