Last year? I did a course over at Willowing on Mythical Magical Makings, and this picture was the extent of what I did. It has sat unfinished all this time, because though I LOVE art classes, I love art classes to learn new things and for inspiration, not to make what the teacher is making. And though this was not based on Tamara’s work at all, I just didn’t feel it. It didn’t feel like me either, and so it sat there. Just taking up room and annoying me. Completely unfinished and not looking to be finished anytime soon.
And this week over at the Butterfly effect the theme is wings. And I thought about this, but did not have a way forward. So I had another idea I was going to do. And then just before I went to sleep last night I wondered about scraping the wings and dripping sumi ink all over it.
And I did not get up immediately to do it, although I thought about it, because it is school holidays and I don’t need to add tiredness to the mix. But this morning, before sorting out the children’s breakfast I tried scraping the wings. And though I did intend to scrap all of the modelling paste off, I was done just roughing it up a bit.
And then I put masking fluid on her face and skin.
After that dried I dripped sumi ink on it, and then got lost in splattering and smearing paint. Just playing, because frankly it was hard to wreck something I disliked so much.
And after I had finished smearing paint around I peeled off the masking fluid, and did some more work on her. And I am so much happier…so much happier that I took multiple close ups!
She feels a lot more like me than she did before I started this morning.